On Thursday I went to a local restaurant called Jani. It is the perfect
place to go if you cannot decide whether or not to have Chinese or Japanese
food. Jani conveniently serves both! The menu is very large in order to satisfy
all cravings. Prices are very reasonable too. For those of us dining on a
budget, The North Shore Clipper Magazine usually has coupons to make your
overall dining experience even more enjoyable.
To give you a taste of both menus, we ordered from both. I
ordered Two Flavor Chicken off of the Chinese side of the menu. It consists of
two different tastes of chicken served side by side. One is shredded white meat
chicken with sliced vegetable in garlic sauce. The other is thinly cut white
meat chicken with snow peas, water chestnuts, carrots, mushrooms in a wine
sauce. The chicken is separated by a sliced orange down the center of the
plate. I suggest taking the orange and squeezing it over both types of chicken.
It gives the dish an added tangy and citrusy taste, and makes the meal that
much more delectable.
![]() |
My boyfriend ordered his meal of the Japanese menu. He loves
sushi and ordered the Box A dinner special. His dish was prepared in a
traditional style bento box. For those that are not familiar with a bento box,
it is a large rectangular shaped box containing smaller boxes that completely
separate the different portions of food on the plate. The Box A special included
the following: six pieces of sushi, two white fish, two tuna, and two salmon; chicken
teriyaki, white rice, and a small salad served with ginger dressing, To complete
his Japanese themed entree, he also ordered a Sapporo, a Japanese beer. I definitely recommended trying one the next
time you dine in a Japanese restaurant. It is very different with a light, refreshing
taste.
![]() |
There are two Jani locations: one in Huntington and one in
Hicksville. Although I have been to both, I personally prefer the one in
Hicksville. First at foremost, the food at the Jani in Hicksville is always delicious. If you are getting
something as typical as Chicken and Broccoli, or if you decide to become
adventurous and try something completely foreign such as Szechuan Delight, the
food is always perfectly cooked and extremely tasteful. Secondly, the staff at Jani in Hicksville is the nicest and
they are very accommodating. Upon
entering, you will always be greeted by the owner of the restaurant. He is also
the person to promptly seat you and your party at your table. His exceptional
service and genuine care for his customers is always reciprocated by his
patrons. Obviously, customer service is a high priority for the staff of Jani. They show it in every aspect of
their job. It is always great to know that when I go there for lunch or dinner,
I will be seeing friendly, familiar faces, and I will soon be enjoying wonderful
Japanese or Chinese cuisine.
Jani Chinese &
Japanese Cuisine is located at 260 North Broadway. It is only two short
blocks away from the Broadway Mall in Hicksville. Do not forget to look in the
North Shore Clipper Magazine for coupons. We saved $5 off our bill and you can
too! Enjoy!
-MC



this food looks delicious. It makes me want to try this restaurant. I love how you are taking your own pictures to show us what the restaurant is like
ReplyDelete-Karla R.
This place sounds amazing! I'm pretty sure they have a Jani in levittown and I never thought to go and try it out till now, thanks!
ReplyDelete-Samantha